Tamrielic Lore

A home for the fans who love the lore of The Elder Scrolls series.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inFind us on Facebook
We now have a Chatroom!
Make sure you're aware of the forum rules!
There have been sightings of Dark Brotherhood members
lurking around this area, be careful as they're unforgiving assassins without mercy.
Earn Exp points by starting topics and replying in them.
Exp points grant you admission to factions, new ranks and rank badges, new privileges and more!
Keep an eye on the Skyrim info section,
where we'll be keeping as much up to date information as possible.
11:11:11 .... it's near
You can find an updated list of the Admins and Mods
in the Rules and Announcements section with links to contact each one!
I've heard the Imperial Legion is recruiting in this region...
All factions are now joinable, keep your eyes
peeled for the faction leaders
Recent Topics
Latest Topics
Topic
History
Written by
Ban the person above you
Akatosh, Dragon God of Time
Hi I have returned
Suggestions.
Tips and ruiners
what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood
So, the Creation Kit is out
G'Day Mate (TigerJames)
The battle for the Empire
First let me start at the best place possible... the beginning
Mon May 25, 2020 11:13 pm
Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:01 pm
Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:59 am
Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:15 pm
Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:26 pm
Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:02 pm
Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:30 am
Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:51 am
Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:17 pm
Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:51 pm

Share | 

Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lukezke
Lukezke

Exp. : 4551

Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim? Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim?   Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 3:11 am

So, what's everyone's thoughts on being able to join the Imperial Legion? Razz
I'm looking forward to it. :B
Back to top Go down
Veracious
Veracious

Exp. : 4567

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim?   Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 2:30 pm

I'm curious about this as well, wonder if its all roll playing or what not. I'd bet for the requirements would have to be based on previous comments deciding if your more civil and a up stand citizen maybe.
Back to top Go down
Mattheiu of Anvil
Mattheiu of Anvil
Administrator
Administrator

Admin / Legionaire

Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim? Adminn10
Exp. : 5590

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim?   Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 2:31 pm

Same here, that's my plan lol. Being a typical Imperial Warrior with no magic (for starts atleast) and joining the Legion and Warrior Companions. Wink

I wonder what all it will have though, mainquest related things or side quests such as arresting people??
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/notaliberal
Jurgen Windcaller
Jurgen Windcaller

Be the change you want to see in the world.

Exp. : 5941

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim?   Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 3:21 pm

I'll be slaying you all as I take up the reigns of the Stormcloaks
Back to top Go down
https://tamrieliclore.forumotion.com
ashxombie
ashxombie
Morag Tong
Morag Tong

When life gives you lemons, blood for the Blood God!

Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim? Modnew10
Exp. : 5255

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim?   Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 1:42 am

Jurgen Windcaller wrote:

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Algerin
Algerin
Imperial Legion
Imperial Legion

Jeden ist wieder wertlos wie die Naechste.

Exp. : 4783

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim?   Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 2:18 am

I'll for sure be a member of the legion.

Look at it this way guys, what's easier to conquer, a single, mighty empire? Or a bunch of disconnected and independent kingdoms that have already weakened each other through fighting?

Don't forget that the Black March and Elseweyr have already left the Empire, and the Summerset Isles is soon to follow. But none of them will be able to tackle Skyrim, Cyrodil and High Rock combined. But if Skyrim leaves the empire, then that leaves only two or three(If Morrowind decides to remain loyal too) provinces to fend off.

The Empire has enemies outside too. The Sloads, the Pyandoreans and the Akavari all have grudges against the empire too. It is vital that the Empire remain whole, so that when it's enemies do arrive, they will face the combined armies of the entire empire, rather then a few cnscripts and imperial legions already worn down from fighting.

I rest my case.
Back to top Go down
Phaethon Rhadamanth
Phaethon Rhadamanth

Be happy.

Exp. : 5659

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim?   Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 11:45 am

^ Good point, but I will probably be joining whichever faction looks cooler or pays more Razz
Back to top Go down
32KinG
32KinG
Imperial Legion
Imperial Legion

Exp. : 4674

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim?   Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 12:36 pm

im going to join the stormcloaks because i all ways hated hereing stop right there criminal scum right after i had killed somebody and was running away i would all ways think hahahaha there were no witness theres no way the guard will ever know that i killed him then out of the blue i here stop right there criminal scum witch really bugged me. the reason i wont join the legion is because i just could not do that to some nice person that just killed somebody
Back to top Go down
Nightblade
Nightblade
Dark Brotherhood
Dark Brotherhood

Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim? Schola10
Exp. : 4868

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim?   Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 12:43 pm

I might join them, just to undo the Imperial Legion from the inside out. Replace all the food with poisoned food, murder them in their sleep and rob them of all supplies. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Algerin
Algerin
Imperial Legion
Imperial Legion

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim?   Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 1:18 pm

Phaethon Rhadamanth wrote:
^ Good point, but I will probably be joining whichever faction looks cooler or pays more Razz

The Empire has the money to back up their words Wink
Back to top Go down
Nightblade
Nightblade
Dark Brotherhood
Dark Brotherhood

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim?   Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 1:27 pm

Algerin wrote:

Not necessarily. Now of course I have not played Skyrim yet so I can't say for sure, but with the end of the rule of the Septims at the end of Oblivion, and the splintering of many of the old guilds who held political power in the empire, the empire has been weakened. Morrowind is hanging by a string, Skyrims king was killed and the nation is in civil war. The wise decision a military leader would do is to try to regain as much of the lost territories they have lost. To give the illusion of strength, the Imperial Legion might be stretched thin across most nations, setting up in little citadels and being stationed there, resources limited and reinforcements scarce. Politically the empire can intimidate its opponents by being present among every province. It's a weakening empire.
We'll see though.
Back to top Go down
Algerin
Algerin
Imperial Legion
Imperial Legion

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim?   Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 1:38 pm

Nightblade wrote:
Algerin wrote:

Not necessarily. Now of course I have not played Skyrim yet so I can't say for sure, but with the end of the rule of the Septims at the end of Oblivion, and the splintering of many of the old guilds who held political power in the empire, the empire has been weakened. Morrowind is hanging by a string, Skyrims king was killed and the nation is in civil war. The wise decision a military leader would do is to try to regain as much of the lost territories they have lost. To give the illusion of strength, the Imperial Legion might be stretched thin across most nations, setting up in little citadels and being stationed there, resources limited and reinforcements scarce. Politically the empire can intimidate its opponents by being present among every province. It's a weakening empire.
We'll see though.

True, but the Empire would still be better equipped and trained. They're still gathering taxes from High Rock and the Heartland, so they can actually afford to outfit their legions with weapons and armor, buy territories or build forts. The fact that they can actually still put soldiers in every province is still impressive, since they could just as easily call the legions back to hold the border. It costs more to ship food, medicine and weapons to other provinces, as well as to keep the ships and caravans running.
The Empire still has the power to do all this. It's failing yes, but it's nowhere near gone.
Back to top Go down
Nightblade
Nightblade
Dark Brotherhood
Dark Brotherhood

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim?   Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 1:53 pm

The Empire in Nirn is making me think a lot about the Roman Empire on Earth. Perhaps they did that on purpose.

Let me quote something for you,

"For should the enemy strengthen his van, he will weaken; should he strengthen his rear, he will weaken his van; should he strengthen his left, he will weaken his right; should he strengthen his right, he will weaken his left. If he sends reinforcements everywhere, he will everywhere be weak."

Sun Tzu, Art Of War, Ch. 6, v. 17
Back to top Go down
Algerin
Algerin
Imperial Legion
Imperial Legion

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim?   Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 2:02 pm

The Imperial Empire does draw a lot from the Roman Empire, right down to the use of Legions.

The problem is that if they don't have garrisons in Skyrim and Morrowind, people would complain that their Empire never does anything for them. If there's too much of a presence, then people complain that their overbearing and should just leave. In addition, without the presence of the Legions, then any political group or army could seize power unopposed. While it would make sense for the Empire to focus all their power in one area, they simply can't do that.
Back to top Go down
UrielSeptim
UrielSeptim
Imperial Legion
Imperial Legion

Sorry if I don't take this as seriously as YOU do.

Exp. : 4746

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim?   Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 10:01 pm

First play through I will likely go with the Stormcloaks. There must be a viable reason that a resistance has taken root. We must purge this land of the occupiers! Purify it with fire! And bacon!
Back to top Go down
Http://twitter.com/Paulbrisbin
Nightblade
Nightblade
Dark Brotherhood
Dark Brotherhood

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim?   Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 10:26 pm

Trouble with Morrowind is that the Argonians have invaded it after the eruption of Red Mountain. Also, bad news but according to lore, the empire collapsed almost 200 years before Skyrim... so why in the world is there still an Imperial Legion and who is its leader?
Back to top Go down
mudcrab
mudcrab

Exp. : 4561

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim?   Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 11:49 pm

I think it will be interesting... in oblivion i've always wanted to be a gaurd, so i wonder if it will be like that... netherless, its another level of depth in one of the deepest oceans of games, so it'll probably be pretty cool geek
Back to top Go down
Algerin
Algerin
Imperial Legion
Imperial Legion

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim?   Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 11:55 pm

The Empire hasn't collapsed, it's just been weakened. The new Emperor took the throne by force. Or am I incorrect?
Back to top Go down
Nightblade
Nightblade
Dark Brotherhood
Dark Brotherhood

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim?   Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 12:30 am

Check this out: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Fourth_Era

I'll look into it more myself as well.

I have a suspicion that only parts of the empire collapse and cyrodiil is still doing alright. Many territories have been lost and the Empire is trying to regain them asap
Back to top Go down
Lukezke
Lukezke

Exp. : 4551

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim?   Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 1:19 am

Nightblade wrote:
I might join them, just to undo the Imperial Legion from the inside out. Replace all the food with poisoned food, murder them in their sleep and rob them of all supplies. Twisted Evil
The man's a genius.
Back to top Go down
Nightblade
Nightblade
Dark Brotherhood
Dark Brotherhood

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim?   Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 1:30 am

Lukezke wrote:
Nightblade wrote:
The man's a genius.

Thank you Wink
Back to top Go down
ZeroAzer
ZeroAzer
Stormcloaks
Stormcloaks

Eat, Sleep, Play

Exp. : 4991

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim?   Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 2:22 am

We the Storm Cloaks shall send a man in the inside to give us informations.
Back to top Go down
wolfar15
wolfar15
Imperial Legion
Imperial Legion

Exp. : 4643

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim?   Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 5:29 pm

I shall Fus Roh Dah all the stormcloaks off of a cliff! For the Empire! Smile
Back to top Go down
Booyahhayoob
Booyahhayoob
The Companions
The Companions

Talos, my sweet...

Exp. : 4941

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim?   Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:59 pm

Jurgen Windcaller wrote:

STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/booyahhayoob
ashxombie
ashxombie
Morag Tong
Morag Tong

When life gives you lemons, blood for the Blood God!

Exp. : 5255

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim?   Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 10:00 pm

Booyahhayoob wrote:
Jurgen Windcaller wrote:

STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM.

Since when are you a guard?!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim?   Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on being able to join The Imperial Legion in Skyrim?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top