Tamrielic Lore

A home for the fans who love the lore of The Elder Scrolls series.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inFind us on Facebook
We now have a Chatroom!
Make sure you're aware of the forum rules!
There have been sightings of Dark Brotherhood members
lurking around this area, be careful as they're unforgiving assassins without mercy.
Earn Exp points by starting topics and replying in them.
Exp points grant you admission to factions, new ranks and rank badges, new privileges and more!
Keep an eye on the Skyrim info section,
where we'll be keeping as much up to date information as possible.
11:11:11 .... it's near
You can find an updated list of the Admins and Mods
in the Rules and Announcements section with links to contact each one!
I've heard the Imperial Legion is recruiting in this region...
All factions are now joinable, keep your eyes
peeled for the faction leaders
Recent Topics
Latest Topics
Topic
History
Written by
Ban the person above you
Akatosh, Dragon God of Time
Hi I have returned
Suggestions.
Tips and ruiners
what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood
So, the Creation Kit is out
G'Day Mate (TigerJames)
The battle for the Empire
First let me start at the best place possible... the beginning
Mon May 25, 2020 11:13 pm
Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:01 pm
Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:59 am
Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:15 pm
Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:26 pm
Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:02 pm
Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:30 am
Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:51 am
Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:17 pm
Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:51 pm

Share | 

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NordandAltmerguy
NordandAltmerguy

War, war never changes...

The battle for the Empire Off10
Exp. : 4462

The battle for the Empire Empty
PostSubject: The battle for the Empire   The battle for the Empire I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 4:39 pm

WARNING BEFORE READING!! English is NOT my first language. So please, I would really appreciate if trolls could seek another place to make their silly hobby. I would love to read a story written by them in French when they were 13 years old...

The Empire is in really bad shape. Since the day the Emperor has been killed in Skyrim and the expensive war against the Stormcloaks was lost. My name is Larisus Nirol, a regular soldier of the Imperial army. What you are reading is my journal, as weird as it may seem. I understand that there are few poet soldiers, but I love to report my journey that the army brings to me in a book. We are in the 4 Era 203, next to the allmighty Imperial City. Pretty much every men capable of fighting of the whole Empire are here. Why? Simply because the Thalmor want to destroy it. The White-Gold Concordat has been broken las year, because we were not able to contain the rebellion. I have killed many Stormcloaks by myself, but I guess it wasn't enough to win a war. After the battle of Solitude, the few remaining survivors fled south, to our sweet home, Cyrodiil. As soon as the Thalmor learned the sad news, they invaded Cyrodiil. They crushed the Hammerfell rebellion, killing thousands of people. They destroyed Leyawiin, and then Bravil, and then Skingrad. Guess what is their next city? The beautiful, the giant, the powerful Imperial City... As I am writting this, they are regrouping outside the city walls. We are also preparing ourselves. The few remaining trust-worthy nord smithers are here to help us. But, is it enough to deal with magic, glass swords and elven armour? I guess we'll see tomorrow. May the Divines be with us...

Added Later:

If you like it, I can make the battle... I am waiting to see your comments!

Modedit: No Double Posting, Please re-read the forum rules, it is not ok to do this!
Back to top Go down
Phaethon Rhadamanth
Phaethon Rhadamanth

Be happy.

The battle for the Empire Adminn10
Exp. : 5650

PostSubject: Re: The battle for the Empire   The battle for the Empire I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 8:01 pm

1) You're a native French-speaker? Your English is excellent, and I'm impressed that you're writing a story like this.

2) No need for the anti-troll disclaimer. The forumers are all nice people.

3) Please don't double-post. It's not a big deal, but if you have something new to say it's better to just use the edit button and stick it in your original post.

Nice to have you on the forum Smile
Back to top Go down
NordandAltmerguy
NordandAltmerguy

PostSubject: Re: The battle for the Empire   The battle for the Empire I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 10:21 pm

Yes, I am a native French speaker. I am from Quebec, the French-speaking province of Canada. It's alright for double-post, I will check myself next time.
Back to top Go down
ashxombie
ashxombie
Morag Tong
Morag Tong

When life gives you lemons, blood for the Blood God!

The battle for the Empire Modnew10
Exp. : 5246

PostSubject: Re: The battle for the Empire   The battle for the Empire I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 2:58 am

Dude! Quebec is awesome! I'm moving to Montreal later this year.

I speak French too, though I've gotten a little rusty since I haven't used it in a long time, I learned it in immersion. I'm no 'French as a second language' proclaimed fluent. But yeah, I'm stuck in Alberta.

So basically if you really need to write something in French I can kinda translate. But as Phaethon said, your English is really good. Don't worry about it. ^_^ And yes, the battle would be cool to read about.
Back to top Go down
NordandAltmerguy
NordandAltmerguy

PostSubject: Re: The battle for the Empire   The battle for the Empire I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 10:16 am

I am going to write the next part Friday or Saturday. Anyway, what brings you to Montreal? It is a long trip from Alberta!
Back to top Go down
ashxombie
ashxombie
Morag Tong
Morag Tong

PostSubject: Re: The battle for the Empire   The battle for the Empire I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 2:41 am

Montreal is a pretty awesome city, and I'm kinda really tired of living in "Hicksville".
It's just nicer there really. And far far away lol. I would move to Vancouver, but I kinda want to go in a different direction than the rest of my family. And Montreal is just really lively, [as far as i know] and I may go to McGill when I finally figure out what to do with myself. So yeah. That's kinda it really. ^_^
Back to top Go down
NordandAltmerguy
NordandAltmerguy

PostSubject: Re: The battle for the Empire   The battle for the Empire I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:44 am

McGill is a very beautiful university, but watch out in Montreal, the roads are in very bad shape! :/ It is not a big deal, but don't be surprise if you see tons of orange cones! Laughing Anyway, here is the second part of my story.

The battle for the Empire, chapter 2

No one really slept that night, except the orcs. They don't seem scared of death. I asked them why. This is what they answered:

"Because we all going to die. This city will be burned until only ashes remain. My friend, we are going to be sent to Oblivion, and you need to accept it. Stay strong, and we might delay the final hours of our lives."

Maybe they are right, finally. Maybe the Divines decided to eradicated the Empire...

The hostilities started very soon. I putted on my old leather armor. I fought the Skyrim civil war with it, and I can say it saved my life alot of times. I grabbed my steel sword, my hunting bow and my iron arrows.

The bridge was full of soldiers. This was going to be a unique battle. No one here, even the most experienced soldiers, fought on such a small field. If you would be unlucky enough to fall in the water, you would die drowned.

The orcs charged first. "FOR THE EMPIRE!", they yelled. Unfortunately, they did not survive very long. The Thalmor mages were in frontline, and they electrocuted our poor orcs. On the other hand, the mages did not survive very long also. Most of them died from an arrow. Their fancy wards did not last very long. The soldiers of the Thalmor army were very handy with a sword. More then I thought. In fact, I almost died. The High elf putted me on the ground. Luckly, a Imperial soldier saw me having some difficulties. He took his sword and putted it right into the chest of the Thalmor. It must have hurt really bad. At the end of the day, we could say we won this battle, because our ennemies went back to their camp. I guess they were hoping for an easy fight. Tomorrow, they are going to try a new strategy. Don't drink too much mead, body, the war is not over.

Part 3 tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Phaethon Rhadamanth
Phaethon Rhadamanth

Be happy.

The battle for the Empire Adminn10
Exp. : 5650

PostSubject: Re: The battle for the Empire   The battle for the Empire I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 1:53 am

*waits eagerly for part 3* lol!
Back to top Go down
NordandAltmerguy
NordandAltmerguy

PostSubject: Re: The battle for the Empire   The battle for the Empire I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:23 am

Battle for the Empire, Part 3.

The Thalmor alchemists aren't so bad... They sent some soldiers in the forest to find some ingredients. They are very good in sneak, something we never expected from them. Let me explain:

The sewer in the Imperial City are very large, and we didn't think to put some guards at the entrance. We realized their ingredients were chicken's eggs, histcarps and nordic banarcles. If yours skills in alchemy are good, you just realized they made some waterbreathing potions. It would have been impossible to bring the whole army. Only 5 fighters were enough. Their mission was very simple: they had to open the gates. They drank the potion, and started crossing the river. They entered the city using the sewers. Simple, and very efficent. They sneaked up to the giant gates, and killed our poor guard. It wasn't very hard to sneak, since everyone was asleep.

We woke up at the wrong moment. It was too late. The Thalmor were in the city, and they were burning everything. The few remaining survivors lock themselves in the Elven garden district, me included.

"We are all going to die! This is over, we lost the fight!", a guy said.

"No, it is not over, not until everyone here is dead, understand?", answered an officer.

When everyone tought it was over, an Imperial spotted something weird. It looked like a giant grey mass. We had no idea what in Oblivion was this thing. We knew it was getting close, though.

===

"BY THE DIVINES, THESE GUYS ARE DUNMER IN EBONY ARMOR!"

They were maybe a thousand. They all drawned their sword at the same time, and charged right into the Thalmor. They didn't stand a chance! The following scene was very gory. Heads flying, arms tearing apart, swords getting in chests... The water was red, now. There are no Thalmor anymore in the Imperial City.

"Hail to you, General.", the chief of the Dunmer said.

"Thanks to you! May I know your name? I think every soldier should great his savior by his name."

"Just call me the Nerevarine."

At this precise moment, I had the chance to observe a phenomenon few will ever have the luck to watch. The skin of the whole army turned light gold! I guess Azura was behind this miracle...
====
This is how my short story ends! Hope you enjoyed it!

Last edited by NordandAltmerguy on Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
ashxombie
ashxombie
Morag Tong
Morag Tong

PostSubject: Re: The battle for the Empire   The battle for the Empire I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 4:47 pm

I love this. This is a win.

You get +1 to every section just for mentioning the Nerevarine. I do like the fact that the nerevar saves the empire. I find it a little ironic. But it's awesome.
Back to top Go down
NordandAltmerguy
NordandAltmerguy

PostSubject: Re: The battle for the Empire   The battle for the Empire I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 10:17 pm

Thank you for comments! It is very appreciated! I might try to write a new story, but in a single post. I would like to put more time on it also. Anyway, I am going back to Skyrim, and getting killed by ancient dragons at the same time! Back fire
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The battle for the Empire   The battle for the Empire I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tamrielic Lore  :: Off-Topic Discussions :: Writers Corner-
Forumotion's free forums | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com