Tamrielic Lore

A home for the fans who love the lore of The Elder Scrolls series.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inFind us on Facebook
We now have a Chatroom!
Make sure you're aware of the forum rules!
There have been sightings of Dark Brotherhood members
lurking around this area, be careful as they're unforgiving assassins without mercy.
Earn Exp points by starting topics and replying in them.
Exp points grant you admission to factions, new ranks and rank badges, new privileges and more!
Keep an eye on the Skyrim info section,
where we'll be keeping as much up to date information as possible.
11:11:11 .... it's near
You can find an updated list of the Admins and Mods
in the Rules and Announcements section with links to contact each one!
I've heard the Imperial Legion is recruiting in this region...
All factions are now joinable, keep your eyes
peeled for the faction leaders
Recent Topics
Latest Topics
Topic
History
Written by
Ban the person above you
Akatosh, Dragon God of Time
Hi I have returned
Suggestions.
Tips and ruiners
what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood
So, the Creation Kit is out
G'Day Mate (TigerJames)
The battle for the Empire
First let me start at the best place possible... the beginning
Mon May 25, 2020 11:13 pm
Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:01 pm
Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:59 am
Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:15 pm
Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:26 pm
Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:02 pm
Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:30 am
Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:51 am
Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:17 pm
Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:51 pm

Share | 

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
32KinG
32KinG
Imperial Legion
Imperial Legion

Exp. : 4704

what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood  Empty
PostSubject: what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood    what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 2:04 pm

todd howard said in a interview that you wont just have to kill somebody to join the dbh what do you guy/girls think you will have to do to join
Back to top Go down
Algerin
Algerin
Imperial Legion
Imperial Legion

Jeden ist wieder wertlos wie die Naechste.

Exp. : 4813

PostSubject: Re: what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood    what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 2:14 pm

An article I read in PC Gamer mentioned a quest with someone trying to contact Sithis, and that you go to answer his call to try and get the Brotherhoods attention.
Back to top Go down
AdoringFan
AdoringFan
Stormcloaks
Stormcloaks

By Azura By Azura By Azura!!!

Exp. : 4670

PostSubject: Re: what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood    what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 3:28 pm

Sounds right. I love the "WE KNOW" note that you get.
Back to top Go down
Caelas
Caelas
Imperial Legion
Imperial Legion

Don't take life to seriously. You'll never escape it alive anyway

Exp. : 4950

PostSubject: Re: what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood    what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 4:03 pm

SPOILER:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I read somewhere that an orphan that's with the Dark Brotherhood will contact you and ask you to kill a corrupt and horrible owner of an orphanage. I don't know what you have to do to get the orphan to contact you though.
Back to top Go down
Covest
Covest
College of Winterhold
College of Winterhold

Exp. : 4617

PostSubject: Re: what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood    what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 4:06 pm

Yeah, Game Informer went a little more in depth with it. They detailed the particulars of the quest and even had a screenshot of the entrance to the Dark Brotherhood. It looks similar to the doorway in oblivion, only it's in the side of a cave. Slightly more ominous than an abandoned house in my opinion.

@Cealas That's what Game Informer was saying, They also mentioned that they had committed a few murders in the attempt to get the DB to notice them and failed, perhaps that is what kicked off the orphan quest? Or it could have just been via asking about rumors. Only time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Samuel Bantien
Samuel Bantien
Stormcloaks
Stormcloaks

Exp. : 4656

PostSubject: Re: what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood    what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 4:42 pm

think u do a quest for an evil little kid probably still have to kill an innocent frist though
Back to top Go down
Nightblade
Nightblade
Dark Brotherhood
Dark Brotherhood

what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood  Schola10
Exp. : 4898

PostSubject: Re: what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood    what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 4:53 pm

The note that says "We Know" means that the Dark Brotherhood knows of some action that the dragnborn took. We can conclude that the action was illegal and probably immoral in nature because the note is almost like a blackmail note. So, logic says that to get the note, some serious law must be broken, murder is most likely it but its only speculation. I will look into it more.

I have a theory in mind actually. It's possible, but with many assumptions. I wonder who wants to hear? Razz
Back to top Go down
AdoringFan
AdoringFan
Stormcloaks
Stormcloaks

PostSubject: Re: what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood    what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 5:33 pm

MEMEME!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nightblade
Nightblade
Dark Brotherhood
Dark Brotherhood

PostSubject: Re: what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood    what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 5:48 pm

This is complete speculation, but it would be cool if the way you joined the Dark Brotherhood is that you were to walk in (by accident or on purpose) on someone performing the Black Sacrament. They think you are the member of the Dark Brotherhood and give you a substantial amount of gold and send you to kill a target. You aren't even a member, but the cause seems just (assumption) so, you go off and kill the target. After that is when you receive a note saying "We know"

It's complete fiction, and not detailed but I thought it was a neat way to join them.
Back to top Go down
AdoringFan
AdoringFan
Stormcloaks
Stormcloaks

PostSubject: Re: what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood    what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 7:35 pm

Nightblade wrote:
This is complete speculation, but it would be cool if the way you joined the Dark Brotherhood is that you were to walk in (by accident or on purpose) on someone performing the Black Sacrament. They think you are the member of the Dark Brotherhood and give you a substantial amount of gold and send you to kill a target. You aren't even a member, but the cause seems just (assumption) so, you go off and kill the target. After that is when you receive a note saying "We know"

It's complete fiction, and not detailed but I thought it was a neat way to join them.
I really like that idea! If I had good modding skills (which I don't), I would put that in Oblivion, right now. I felt like the DB quests were a little lackluster... but this is great!
Back to top Go down
Covest
Covest
College of Winterhold
College of Winterhold

PostSubject: Re: what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood    what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 12:24 pm

I'm pretty sure the note is in reguards to the slain orphanage matron. The boy was trying to contact the dark brotherhood and you answer the call, they find out and are impressed with how you handle the situation and send you the invite, probably requiring you to go commit another murder before actually locating your hideout to be.

It could also be that you simply arrive before the dark brotherhood answers the boy's call, if that is the case there may be an assassin watching your actions in the orphanage.
Back to top Go down
Nightblade
Nightblade
Dark Brotherhood
Dark Brotherhood

PostSubject: Re: what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood    what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 2:42 pm

^ I agree with this, plausible. I had thought of it as well. I know it sounds like I'm just saying stuff, not trying to steal your thunder. Two people think along the same lines make things more likely to be closer to the truth.
Back to top Go down
Covest
Covest
College of Winterhold
College of Winterhold

PostSubject: Re: what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood    what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 7:47 pm

^ I didn't take it the wrong way, hell I'm too excited for Skyrim and happy to have people to discuss it with to butt heads over something we agree on.
Back to top Go down
Algerin
Algerin
Imperial Legion
Imperial Legion

PostSubject: Re: what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood    what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 9:47 pm

I heard the children cheer when the matron dies. But now what will happen to the kids? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Nightblade
Nightblade
Dark Brotherhood
Dark Brotherhood

PostSubject: Re: what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood    what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 9:53 pm

Do you know the story of Oliver Twist?... ya... lol
Back to top Go down
Algerin
Algerin
Imperial Legion
Imperial Legion

PostSubject: Re: what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood    what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 10:31 pm

I don't remember much of Oliver Twist, but I imagine it would be a lot different if one of the orphans had been calling to a dark god to kill the cruel tyrant headmaster.

Huh.
Back to top Go down
Nightblade
Nightblade
Dark Brotherhood
Dark Brotherhood

PostSubject: Re: what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood    what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 10:37 pm

Make them a pack of thieves for hire! Anyways, back to topic... We'll just have to wait and see!
Back to top Go down
Booyahhayoob
Booyahhayoob
The Companions
The Companions

Talos, my sweet...

Exp. : 4971

PostSubject: Re: what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood    what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 10:01 pm

Nightblade wrote:

Imma mod that in Oblivion.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/booyahhayoob
Nightblade
Nightblade
Dark Brotherhood
Dark Brotherhood

PostSubject: Re: what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood    what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 12:51 am

Booyahhayoob wrote:
Nightblade wrote:

That'd be so cool!
You have to make the person paying for the murder super talkative and fast so that you can't squeeze 2 words in to tell her you're not dark brotherhood! Have several chat options, so that you can lie and say you are an assassin, you can try to tell the truth or just remain silent. Smile
Back to top Go down
Booyahhayoob
Booyahhayoob
The Companions
The Companions

Talos, my sweet...

PostSubject: Re: what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood    what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 1:29 am

Nightblade wrote:
Booyahhayoob wrote:
Nightblade wrote:

That'd be so cool!
You have to make the person paying for the murder super talkative and fast so that you can't squeeze 2 words in to tell her you're not dark brotherhood! Have several chat options, so that you can lie and say you are an assassin, you can try to tell the truth or just remain silent. Smile

Wanna help?
Back to top Go down
Nightblade
Nightblade
Dark Brotherhood
Dark Brotherhood

PostSubject: Re: what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood    what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 1:37 am

I do not know how to make a mod Sad I play xbox.
Back to top Go down
Booyahhayoob
Booyahhayoob
The Companions
The Companions

Talos, my sweet...

PostSubject: Re: what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood    what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 2:13 am

Le sigh.

Mod edit:
Please don't spam the On-topic forums, if your to post, post something of relevance or something that adds to the discussion. - VIPER
Back to top Go down
Booyahhayoob
Booyahhayoob
The Companions
The Companions

Talos, my sweet...

PostSubject: Re: what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood    what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 2:56 am

Nightblade wrote:

How.
Back to top Go down
Caelas
Caelas
Imperial Legion
Imperial Legion

Don't take life to seriously. You'll never escape it alive anyway

Exp. : 4950

PostSubject: Re: what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood    what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:21 pm

Lol. Nice job with your guessing Nightblade. I'm thinking you already knew!
Back to top Go down
Phaethon Rhadamanth
Phaethon Rhadamanth

Be happy.

what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood  Adminn10
Exp. : 5689

PostSubject: Re: what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood    what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 1:02 pm

I actually still haven't found them yet, and I refuse to look up how to do it Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood    what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top