Tamrielic Lore

A home for the fans who love the lore of The Elder Scrolls series.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inFind us on Facebook
We now have a Chatroom!
Make sure you're aware of the forum rules!
There have been sightings of Dark Brotherhood members
lurking around this area, be careful as they're unforgiving assassins without mercy.
Earn Exp points by starting topics and replying in them.
Exp points grant you admission to factions, new ranks and rank badges, new privileges and more!
Keep an eye on the Skyrim info section,
where we'll be keeping as much up to date information as possible.
11:11:11 .... it's near
You can find an updated list of the Admins and Mods
in the Rules and Announcements section with links to contact each one!
I've heard the Imperial Legion is recruiting in this region...
All factions are now joinable, keep your eyes
peeled for the faction leaders
Recent Topics
Latest Topics
Topic
History
Written by
Ban the person above you
Akatosh, Dragon God of Time
Hi I have returned
Suggestions.
Tips and ruiners
what do you think you have to do to join the darkbrother hood
So, the Creation Kit is out
G'Day Mate (TigerJames)
The battle for the Empire
First let me start at the best place possible... the beginning
Mon May 25, 2020 11:13 pm
Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:01 pm
Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:59 am
Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:15 pm
Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:26 pm
Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:02 pm
Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:30 am
Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:51 am
Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:17 pm
Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:51 pm

Share | 

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jurgen Windcaller
Jurgen Windcaller

Be the change you want to see in the world.

Akatosh, Dragon God of Time Adminn10
Exp. : 5932

Akatosh, Dragon God of Time Empty
PostSubject: Akatosh, Dragon God of Time   Akatosh, Dragon God of Time I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 5:08 pm

Akatosh (Auri-El to the Aldmer and Alduin to the Nords) is the chief deity of the Nine Divines (the prescribed religious cults of Cyrodiil and its provinces), and one of two deities found in every Tamrielic religion (the other is Lorkhan), save only the Dunmeri Tribunal of self-made gods. His avatar is a dragon, and he is often called the Dragon God of Time. He is generally considered to be the first of the Gods to form in the Beginning Place; after his establishment, other spirits found the process of being easier and the various pantheons of the world emerged. The Aedra is the ultimate God of the Cyrodiilic Empire, where he embodies the qualities of endurance, invincibility, and everlasting legitimacy while promoting the virtues of duty, service, and obedience. He is the patron of The Akatosh Chantry, the religious order devoted to the worship and glorification of him, who refer to him as the "Great Dragon". He is thought to have played a benevolent role in the Warp in the West.

Akatosh, Dragon God of Time 180px-OB-Avatar_of_Akatosh

Akatosh
Most traces of Akatosh disappeared from ancient Chimer legends during their so-called 'exodus', primarily due to that god's association and esteem with the Altmeri. However, several aspects of Akatosh which seem important to the mortal races, namely immortality, historicity, and genealogy, have conveniently resurfaced in Almalexia, the most popular of Morrowind's divine Tribunal; as a mother-figure, she also embodies the idea of being a progenitor (albeit a female rather than male one). So one could say that, at least, the qualities of Akatosh are not entirely neglected among the Dunmer, even if his name is.

Akatosh, Dragon God of Time 100px-OB-Window-Akatosh

Akatosh was involved in the forging of the Covenant with the new Empire of humanity, and his blood was mystically joined with Alessia and her heirs. The Amulet of Kings was the primary token of this patronage, and it allowed the new Empire of Cyrodiil to benefit from the stabilizing influence of White Gold Tower, maintaining the barrier between Mundus and the Planes of Oblivion. When that barrier was threatened during the Oblivion Crisis, Martin Septim was able to summon Akatosh's spirit and transform himself into the avatar of Akatosh, which appeared in the shape of a giant dragon made of fire. This avatar dragon defeated Mehrunes Dagon, reestablishing the mystical barrier between Tamriel and the Daedric Realms. The avatar transformed into a statue, now located inside the ruined Temple of the One.
Akatosh is accredited with creating Auriel's Shield and Auriel's Bow.
Back to top Go down
https://tamrieliclore.forumotion.com
Prisoner

An archer

Akatosh, Dragon God of Time Off10
Exp. : 3868

Akatosh, Dragon God of Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Akatosh, Dragon God of Time   Akatosh, Dragon God of Time I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 4:01 pm

After more research during The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, do you still think the name Akatosh can be interchangeable with Alduin, the World Eater? I have never considered the two to be the same, but I see that this was posted before Skyrim came out, and I am curious as to whether not it changes your opnion.
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tamrielic Lore  :: Game Discussions :: The Elder Scrolls Lore-
Free forum hosting | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com